Yesterday, I was having an awful day. It is not a regular kind of bad day, where I am just crabby or tired or frustrated. This was one of those despairing days where I question my whole life, where I think I have ruined my husband’s life, my children’s lives and my own life. Everything is hopeless and too hard and I just can’t carry on one more minute. It was a day where I just want to run away. Far away.
Instead of running away, I called a friend. This friend always understands me and never judges. She also always says the most wonderful things. I know she is in the trenches with me because I have had the honour (and I really mean honour) of similar phone calls from her once in a blue moon, though I suspect she has her act together more than I do.
After she talked me down from the ledge for 20 minutes and changed my desperate sobs into a few good laughs, I was able to take a deep breath, hang up the phone and face the rest of my day.
A short while later, I opened my e-mail to find she wrote me most wonderful prescription which I now share with you.
Photo Courtesy of julesjulesjules
Prescription for a Day off Homeschooling
- Recognize that no matter what you try to accomplish today, it will turn sour! LOL!
- Immediately turn on a movie for the littles and middles (maybe even two).
- Make tea, find chocolate (a must!!).
- Find knitting or what ever else makes you feel productive.
- Pray, pray, pray.
- Don’t feel guilty; tomorrow will be better.
- If it’s not, repeat first 6 instructions!
Isn’t she great?! What would I ever do without her?